With the Now Platform Quebec release, organizations are even more empowered to deliver digital workflows that connect people, functions, and systems to:
- Accelerate innovation
- Increase agility
- Enhance productivity
In this blog, I will take a closer look at the Localization Framework and Flow Designer solutions from ServiceNow Quebec and highlight newly added features that allow you to focus on high-value work by automating your workflows.
ServiceNow Localization Framework standardizes and enhances the translation process of required artifacts such as ServiceNow® Service Catalog items and ServiceNow® Virtual Agent topics across the platform through configurable workflows.
It allows administrators to accommodate users from a variety of different countries, using different languages and currencies, within the same instance.
Top Localization Framework highlights for the Quebec release:
- Enhance translation experience of the artifacts and automate most of the manual tasks in the translation process
- Enable content owners to request translations for multiple artifacts into multiple languages
- Support different modes of translation to help users with content translations
- Extend Localization Framework support to Service Catalog items and Virtual Agent topics
- View the localization health of the system on the Insights Dashboard
ServiceNow® Flow Designer is a Now Platform® feature for automating processes in a single design environment. Flow Designer lets process owners use natural language to automate approvals, tasks, notifications, and record operations without coding. Flow Designer was enhanced and updated in the Quebec release.
The new features that have been introduced into the Flow Designer include:
- New transform functions provide the ability to get display values for fields, change strings of text to proper case, check if field values are blank or null, and perform more simple mathematical calculations
- Templates have been introduced to improve the ease with which flows can be created. Set up your flow before you even start designing it by choosing which actions you want your flow to perform in a step-by-step interface
- Create a Task record from a Record Producer Catalog Item [sc_cat_item]. The Task record inherits values from the catalog item's variable values
- Flow Designer provides help for building flows and actions, using flow logic, and working with data directly. Access help information for actions right when you add them to your flow
- Understand the basics of building, testing, and activating flows through a guided tour of Flow Designer
- Use a simple interface to control which users can see which features and content in Flow Designer
- Set the approval rules for a change request based on a predefined change approval policy
- View subflow execution details directly from the list of flow executions or as inline elements of the parent flow execution details. The system generates flow execution details for each subflow run
Similar to Workflow scratchpad variables, create flow variables to use to set and retrieve values throughout a flow. Flow variables are similar to subflow inputs and outputs, they both define available to a flow or subflow. The main difference between them is when they are accessible. Flow variables are accessible throughout a flow. Inputs are only accessible at the start of a subflow, and outputs are only accessible when a subflow completes.
To find out more about our offerings, including Quebec upgrade support, contact us today.